You’d be hard-pressed to find a country more excited to be at Euro 2016 than Iceland. The tiny Nordic nation of 330,000 people is participating in the high-profile quadrennial soccer tournament for the first time ever and has consistently punched above its weight in the opening matches, much to the delight of its citizens.
And thanks to the Iceland team’s incredible last-gasp win over Austria on Thursday that saw it enter the next round, we now have a viral video (shared tens of thousands of times) that captures that euphoria perfectly.
Listen below as an Icelandic commentator completely loses his mind — and his voice — at the winning goal.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022