Democrats are staging a sit-in on the floor of the U.S. House over gun legislation, led by Rep. John Lewis.
The sit-in, which began Wednesday afternoon and continued into Thursday, has been streamed through live footage of several lawmakers’ Periscope accounts. The House is not officially in session, and congressional Republicans have shut off C-SPAN’s cameras.
The Democrats are demanding a vote on a bill that would prevent people on the terrorist watch list from purchasing guns after four votes regarding gun control legislation failed to pass the Senate on Monday evening.
Watch the sit-in live below.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive