A top national security adviser to several former Republican presidents endorsed Hillary Clinton‘s presidential campaign on Wednesday, becoming one of the most prominent GOP figures to back the presumptive Democratic nominee over Donald Trump.
Brent Scowcroft offered a glowing endorsement of Clinton, saying that her lifetime experience in politics gives her a “truly unique experience and perspective” to “lead our country at this critical time.”
“She has spent her entire career in public service working to improve the lives of the American people, and helping the United States lead a more secure and peaceful world,” Scowcroft said in a statement.
Sowcroft, a retired Air Force general, served as National Security Adviser under Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush. He also advised President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005 and assisted President Obama in selecting his national security team. Scowcroft did not mention Trump in his endorsement.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time