Hot on the heels of the announcement that Darth Vader will be making an appearance in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, it has been confirmed that Forest Whitaker will be playing Rebel fighter Saw Gerrera in the upcoming spinoff.
The 54-year-old actor — who provided the foreboding voiceover, “What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight…what will you become?,” in the film’s teaser trailer — will make his galaxy far, far, away debut as a hardened version of the The Clone Wars animated series character, according to Entertainment Weekly.
“Consider him kind of a battered veteran who leads a band of Rebel extremists” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy told EW. “He’s on the fringe of the Rebel Alliance. Even [they] are a little concerned about him.”
Rogue One is set to hit theaters Dec. 16.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time