Hot on the heels of the announcement that Darth Vader will be making an appearance in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, it has been confirmed that Forest Whitaker will be playing Rebel fighter Saw Gerrera in the upcoming spinoff.
The 54-year-old actor — who provided the foreboding voiceover, “What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight…what will you become?,” in the film’s teaser trailer — will make his galaxy far, far, away debut as a hardened version of the The Clone Wars animated series character, according to Entertainment Weekly.
“Consider him kind of a battered veteran who leads a band of Rebel extremists” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy told EW. “He’s on the fringe of the Rebel Alliance. Even [they] are a little concerned about him.”
Rogue One is set to hit theaters Dec. 16.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction