Kendall Jenner tapped into the dark side in the latest Marc Jacobs ad campaign; in the image, the reality television celebutante-turned-model channels her inner goth with bleached eyebrows, platform boots, teased hair, and dark eye makeup in a moodily lit image from photographer David Sims.
She joins a star-studded group of Jacobs’ latest muses, including Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love, who lend their edgy presences to Jacobs’ eerie fall fashion collection.
In an Instagram post debuting Jenner’s image, Jacobs crowns the young model a “supermodel” and goes on to write that she is “sweet, kind and ultimate professional.”
Jacobs’s strong support of Jenner and pointed use of the word “supermodel” follows a controversy surrounding ’90s icon Stephanie Seymour’s assertion that Jenner and fellow model Gigi Hadid were “b–s of the moment,” as opposed to supermodels.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was