Police stopped a man on the way to New York City this week with a arsenal of guns and knives in his car, but the man said he was rushing to “rescue” a teenage girl from an overdose.
John Cramsey was pulled over with seven guns, four knives, 10 clips of ammunition, body armor and a military-grade helmet, ABC News reports. Law enforcement officials told ABC there did not appear to be any link to terrorism in the incident.
Cramsey was stopped during rush hour Tuesday morning at a toll plaza before the Holland Tunnel and was accompanied by two others. All three were charged with weapons possession.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating