The week’s gotten off to a rough start for Nick Young. On Sunday, he and ex-fiancee Iggy Azalea announced that they were breaking up, just a few months after footage of him secretly recorded by D’Angelo Russell surfaced that showed Young apparently admitting to cheating on Iggy. On Monday, photos surfaced of Azalea moving his belongings to her driveway and having Young’s vintage car (a former Christmas gift from the rapper) towed.
Now, just two days later, in what might be the most awkward timing ever, Russell’s wry commercial for Footlocker has dropped and has the Lakers rookie joking about the backlash of the cheating controversy to #1 pick, Ben Simmons just in time for the NBA draft on Thursday.
The commercial features Simmons asking the former newbies for advice for his first year in the league; when it’s Russell’s turn, he merely chucks Simmons’ phone into the ocean, poking fun at a situation that left most of the blame on the 20-year-old Russell for being a “snitch” as opposed to addressing the 31-year-old Young’s infidelity.
Young didn’t seem to find the joke very amusing, however, and tweeted accordingly.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk