Three people driving from Pennsylvania to New York City were arrested on Tuesday morning for illegal possession of several loaded guns and ammunition.
Police officers who pulled the vehicle over for a cracked windshield found loaded guns, including both rifles and handguns, Joe Pentangelo, spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, said.
The trio — two men in their 50s and a woman in her 20s — was stopped in the toll plaza on the New Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel, which connects New Jersey and New York. Their charges are still pending.
Police seized also seized knives, ballistic vests, a camouflage helmet and drugs from the Dodge utility vehicle, local station NBC 4 New York reported. The vehicle, which has bright green and red accents, also had decals that said Higher Ground Tactical, which is the name of a gun range in Pennsylvania.
Pentangelo said the incident does not appear to be related to terrorism. The investigation is ongoing.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This