When a Canadian woman’s pizza was delivered, she realized she had been robbed— of cheese. That’s right, her pizza didn’t have nearly enough cheese on it, so like many others (or at least one other) before her, she called 911 to report the crime against pizza.
Const. Geoff Higdon of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary hurried to the scene of the crime. “The individual had an issue with the company she bought the pizza from, and there wasn’t enough cheese, and had approached the company and didn’t like whatever response they had given,” he said Monday, according to Yahoo Canada. “I’m not sure if by calling us they assumed there was some sort of action we could take, or what the situation was, but of course we advised the individual they just needed to speak with the manager of the company and not the police.”
The officer told the Canadian Press that the call was one of the most bizarre one they’ve ever taken. Guess they’ve never spoken to a two-year old who called 911 for help putting her outfit, or the guy whose cat locked him out of the house, or the family who was held hostage by their cat, or the people who called the cops when Facebook went down, or Breaking Bad fans irate over a cable outage, or a kid who knocked over the Elf on the Shelf or this guy who just wanted more beer.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time