Eating out is always so inconvenient because you can’t use your dinner to charge your phone.
But always on top of the issues that matter, KFC — pioneer of the chicken gimmick — has launched a meal box in India that actually comes with built in outlets and cables for charging your smartphone. You know, so you never miss an opportunity to post about your wings.
The chicken chain calls it “Watt a Box,” and the cables work with iPhones and Androids. People in Delhi and Mumbai can try out the limited edition box by winning a contest on KFC’s Facebook page.
Quoting KFC India’s CMO Lluis Ruiz Ribot, Times of India reported that KFC created the box to save customers the hassle of the dreaded dead phone battery. According to Times of India, Ribot said the company “launched the 5-in-1 Meal Box in March this year with the objective of providing an abundant complete meal and at an affordable price for our customers. With the launch of Watt a Box, we have gone a step ahead and also introduced an element of utility into the box. Each one of us spends a considerable time on our smartphones daily, and the phone battery going dead is almost like a nightmare! No longer is that the case, with the Watt a Box around.”
Watch the commercial below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate