Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky welcomed their second child—a son, Aidan—on Saturday, June 18.
Former president Bill Clinton and presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton arrived at the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City to celebrate the birth of their second grandchild. In articles on the Daily Mail and in other publications, what raised the most alarm, however, was the cost of Chelsea Clinton’s hospital stay as well as Hillary Clinton’s numerous designer bags.
According to the article, one night’s stay in the Upper East Side hospital—where Beyoncé delivered Blue Ivy—costs approximately $1,700. But Hillary Clinton’s Ralph Lauren calfskin handbag warranted mentions, too.
This isn’t the first time critics dug at Hillary Clinton’s clothing options. When she gave her victory speech after the New York primary, the main focus became her $12,000 Armani jacket.
Name It. Change It. claims that criticism of female politicians’ clothing choices is sexist, and that it affects them at the polls, whether that criticism is positive or negative in nature.
As Manrepeller wrote for TIME
As Molly Ball pointed out for The Atlantic, the Name It. Change It. study was flawed. But when the news is about a brand new little baby, maybe we can forget the price points altogether.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement