Brenda Lee Marquez McCool was “crazy,” but in a good way, and “she literally loved everyone,” the son who watched as she was fatally shot at Pulse nightclub said in an emotional eulogy on Monday.
Isaiah Henderson, 21, was one of McCool’s 11 children, and on June 12, she went with him to the gay hotspot in Orlando, Florida.
They were dancing when Omar Mateen opened fire, killing McCool and 48 other people.
Henderson needed the support of two of his six brothers as he broke down in tears while delivering an affectionate and funny eulogy for his mom as…
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.