Brenda Lee Marquez McCool was “crazy,” but in a good way, and “she literally loved everyone,” the son who watched as she was fatally shot at Pulse nightclub said in an emotional eulogy on Monday.
Isaiah Henderson, 21, was one of McCool’s 11 children, and on June 12, she went with him to the gay hotspot in Orlando, Florida.
They were dancing when Omar Mateen opened fire, killing McCool and 48 other people.
Henderson needed the support of two of his six brothers as he broke down in tears while delivering an affectionate and funny eulogy for his mom as…
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List