Brenda Lee Marquez McCool was “crazy,” but in a good way, and “she literally loved everyone,” the son who watched as she was fatally shot at Pulse nightclub said in an emotional eulogy on Monday.
Isaiah Henderson, 21, was one of McCool’s 11 children, and on June 12, she went with him to the gay hotspot in Orlando, Florida.
They were dancing when Omar Mateen opened fire, killing McCool and 48 other people.
Henderson needed the support of two of his six brothers as he broke down in tears while delivering an affectionate and funny eulogy for his mom as…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org