To the dismay of Sex and the City enthusiasts everywhere, Kim Cattrall (you might know her better as PR exec and sexually voracious girl about town, Samantha Jones) has basically crushed any hopes for another film installment of the beloved series.
The actress revealed in an interview with The Daily Record that she thinks having a third film would be a “challenge.”
“I think the climate changed,” Cattrall said. “To have four women talking about shopping trips and spending $400 on shoes when people are having trouble putting food on the table? It doesn’t mean we don’t need that but I think the pendulum swung in a different direction.”
Cattrall also added that if another sequel was in the works, it likely would have already materialized.
“Everyone is doing their own thing and if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now.”
However, the actress isn’t completely ruling out the possibility of playing the character one last time.
“It could be fun though,” she said. “To say goodbye completely to Samantha would be pretty hard.”
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022