When LeBron James burst into tears after delivering the long-promised NBA championship to Cleveland during Game 7 of the 2016 playoffs series, the web wasted no time turning the emotional moment into a meme.
King James might have been crowned the series MVP, but the real MVP was definitely the Internet, who made it their sole goal to try to replace the ubiquitous “Crying Jordan” meme with “Crying LeBron.” Will “Crying LeBron” be the next “Crying Jordan?” If the online offerings are any indication, it just might be.
See the best of what the Internet had to offer below.
It was only natural that “Crying LeBron” would come for league MVP Steph Curry.
The Internet was quick to move from “Crying Jordan” to “Crying LeBron.”
Of course Skip Bayless got a “Crying LeBron” treatment.
|Others merged the worlds of the NBA with Game of Thrones in a truly epic meme.|
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization