Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
On Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, Ramsay Bolton died with the bloody fanfare that only this series can deliver: he was beaten senselessly by Jon Snow and then fed to his own dogs by Sansa Stark.
Fans couldn’t have been happier with the turn of events, chalking it up to poetic justice.
Iwan Rheon, who played Bolton for four seasons, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his character’s gory demise.
“I think it’s kind of right he goes down,” Rheon said. “Because what else is he going to do after this? He’s done so many things. It’s justified and it’s the right thing to do. It’s the right path.”
He also spoke on how he learned that he’d be offed.
“I had received half the scripts, five episodes, then I got the call,” he said. “They joked, ‘Isn’t it great Ramsay ends up on the Iron Throne?’ As soon as they said that I said, ‘He’s dead isn’t he?'”
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?