Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
On Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, Ramsay Bolton died with the bloody fanfare that only this series can deliver: he was beaten senselessly by Jon Snow and then fed to his own dogs by Sansa Stark.
Fans couldn’t have been happier with the turn of events, chalking it up to poetic justice.
Iwan Rheon, who played Bolton for four seasons, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his character’s gory demise.
“I think it’s kind of right he goes down,” Rheon said. “Because what else is he going to do after this? He’s done so many things. It’s justified and it’s the right thing to do. It’s the right path.”
He also spoke on how he learned that he’d be offed.
“I had received half the scripts, five episodes, then I got the call,” he said. “They joked, ‘Isn’t it great Ramsay ends up on the Iron Throne?’ As soon as they said that I said, ‘He’s dead isn’t he?'”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow