Warning: This post contains spoilers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
On Sunday night’s episode of Game of Thrones, Ramsay Bolton died with the bloody fanfare that only this series can deliver: he was beaten senselessly by Jon Snow and then fed to his own dogs by Sansa Stark.
Fans couldn’t have been happier with the turn of events, chalking it up to poetic justice.
Iwan Rheon, who played Bolton for four seasons, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his character’s gory demise.
“I think it’s kind of right he goes down,” Rheon said. “Because what else is he going to do after this? He’s done so many things. It’s justified and it’s the right thing to do. It’s the right path.”
He also spoke on how he learned that he’d be offed.
“I had received half the scripts, five episodes, then I got the call,” he said. “They joked, ‘Isn’t it great Ramsay ends up on the Iron Throne?’ As soon as they said that I said, ‘He’s dead isn’t he?'”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time