The Texas mother who became a viral sensation known as “Chewbacca Mom” after she posted a video on Facebook of herself laughing infectiously while wearing an electronic Wookie mask now has her own custom-made action figure.
Hasbro on Friday unveiled a Chewbacca action figure with Candace Payne’s face on it during a special ceremony at the toy company’s Rhode Island headquarters.
The action figure comes with a removable Chewbacca mask and 13 catchphrases, including “I am such a happy Chewbacca” and her laugh, according to Entertainment Weekly.
“Thanks SO much, HASBRO. You literally rolled out the red carpet for me and my family,” Payne wrote on Instagram of her recent visit. “Thanks for making play so much fun!”
The mother of two has been lapping up the perks of Internet fame since her video was posted in late May. She has received free Star Wars merchandise from Kohl’s, as well as full scholarships for her and her family at Southeastern University in Florida. She even rode in a car with J.J. Abrams and James Corden.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time