The Texas mother who became a viral sensation known as “Chewbacca Mom” after she posted a video on Facebook of herself laughing infectiously while wearing an electronic Wookie mask now has her own custom-made action figure.
Hasbro on Friday unveiled a Chewbacca action figure with Candace Payne’s face on it during a special ceremony at the toy company’s Rhode Island headquarters.
The action figure comes with a removable Chewbacca mask and 13 catchphrases, including “I am such a happy Chewbacca” and her laugh, according to Entertainment Weekly.
“Thanks SO much, HASBRO. You literally rolled out the red carpet for me and my family,” Payne wrote on Instagram of her recent visit. “Thanks for making play so much fun!”
The mother of two has been lapping up the perks of Internet fame since her video was posted in late May. She has received free Star Wars merchandise from Kohl’s, as well as full scholarships for her and her family at Southeastern University in Florida. She even rode in a car with J.J. Abrams and James Corden.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This