Tesla’s Model S vehicles can temporarily double as a boat, the automobile’s founder and CEO Elon Musk said Sunday.
Musk wrote on Twitter that the all-electric Model S “floats well enough to turn it into a boat for short periods of time,” although he added that the company definitely doesn’t recommend testing that out. The ability to drive through water comes from the car’s wheel rotation, he explained.
Musk had previously tweeted out a story about a Tesla owner reportedly driving a Model S car through a flooded tunnel in Russia and successfully coming out of the other side.
The Tesla founder said he was “still planning to do a sports sub car that can drive on roads” as a “side project” with limited market potential.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction