Musk wrote on Twitter that the all-electric Model S “floats well enough to turn it into a boat for short periods of time,” although he added that the company definitely doesn’t recommend testing that out. The ability to drive through water comes from the car’s wheel rotation, he explained.
Musk had previously tweeted out a story about a Tesla owner reportedly driving a Model S car through a flooded tunnel in Russia and successfully coming out of the other side.
The Tesla founder said he was “still planning to do a sports sub car that can drive on roads” as a “side project” with limited market potential.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time