Warriors guard Stephen Curry has been fined $25,000 for throwing his mouthguard during Game 6 of the NBA Finals, the NBA announced Friday.
Curry will still be eligible to play in Game 7.
After picking up his sixth foul in the fourth quarter of the Warriors’ 115–101 loss Thursday, Curry was ejected from the game after throwing his mouthguard into the stands and hitting a fan. It was the first time Curry had been ejected in his career, and the first time he had fouled out of a game in three years.
After the game, Warriors coach Steve Kerr criticized the referees for the calls they made on Curry. Kerr was also fined $25,000 for his comments.
Game 7 will be held on Sunday in Oakland.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer