The Golden State Warriors are undoubtedly unhappy after Thursday night’s NBA Finals Game 6 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers — none more so than their superstar MVP Stephen Curry, who fouled out in the fourth quarter and was ejected after throwing his mouthpiece at a spectator.
Except, perhaps, his wife.
“I’ve lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money… Or ratings in not sure which,” Ayesha Curry tweeted. “I won’t be silent . Just saw it live sry.”
She later deleted the tweet, apologized and provided some context, but not before it had been shared thousands of times (here’s a screenshot from SB Nation).
Although this is the first time her husband has been ejected from a game in his career and the first time he’s fouled out this season, it isn’t the first time Curry has called out the officiators during the NBA Finals. Here’s what she tweeted after Game 5 in Oakland, which the Cavaliers also won.
The series now moves back to California for a championship-deciding Game 7, which will take place at Oakland’s Oracle Arena on Sunday night.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement