The Golden State Warriors are undoubtedly unhappy after Thursday night’s NBA Finals Game 6 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers — none more so than their superstar MVP Stephen Curry, who fouled out in the fourth quarter and was ejected after throwing his mouthpiece at a spectator.
Except, perhaps, his wife.
“I’ve lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money… Or ratings in not sure which,” Ayesha Curry tweeted. “I won’t be silent . Just saw it live sry.”
She later deleted the tweet, apologized and provided some context, but not before it had been shared thousands of times (here’s a screenshot from SB Nation).
Although this is the first time her husband has been ejected from a game in his career and the first time he’s fouled out this season, it isn’t the first time Curry has called out the officiators during the NBA Finals. Here’s what she tweeted after Game 5 in Oakland, which the Cavaliers also won.
The series now moves back to California for a championship-deciding Game 7, which will take place at Oakland’s Oracle Arena on Sunday night.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science