The Golden State Warriors are undoubtedly unhappy after Thursday night’s NBA Finals Game 6 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers — none more so than their superstar MVP Stephen Curry, who fouled out in the fourth quarter and was ejected after throwing his mouthpiece at a spectator.
Except, perhaps, his wife.
“I’ve lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money… Or ratings in not sure which,” Ayesha Curry tweeted. “I won’t be silent . Just saw it live sry.”
She later deleted the tweet, apologized and provided some context, but not before it had been shared thousands of times (here’s a screenshot from SB Nation).
Although this is the first time her husband has been ejected from a game in his career and the first time he’s fouled out this season, it isn’t the first time Curry has called out the officiators during the NBA Finals. Here’s what she tweeted after Game 5 in Oakland, which the Cavaliers also won.
The series now moves back to California for a championship-deciding Game 7, which will take place at Oakland’s Oracle Arena on Sunday night.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time