President Barack Obama traveled to Orlando on Thursday to pay his respects to the victims of a deadly nightclub shooting that claimed 49 lives.
This was the president’s 10th visit to the scene of a mass shooting and Obama’s remarks mirrored that fact.
“Today, once again, as has been true too many times before, I held and hugged grieving family members and friends and they asked why does this keep happening. They pleaded that we do more to stop the carnage,” Obama said Thursday. “They don’t care about the politics. Neither do I. Niether does [Vice President] Joe [Biden].”
Read the rest of President Obama’s remarks in Orlando below:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization