Fans of the DC comic hero TV series Supergirl finally have an answer to the big question the show has been ducking thus far, with Tyler Hoechlin cast opposite Melissa Benoist as the show’s Superman, Deadline reports.
Hoechlin is coming off his most recent role in the Richard Linklater-directed comedy film “Everybody Wants Some!!” but he’s best known for his work in Teen Wolf and 7th Heaven.
“Greg [Berlanti] and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character.”
Hoechlin’s Superman will join a chorus of DC comic heroes in TV series, including The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Supergirl recently moved from CBS to the CW for its second season, which is slated to debut in October.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases