Fans of the DC comic hero TV series Supergirl finally have an answer to the big question the show has been ducking thus far, with Tyler Hoechlin cast opposite Melissa Benoist as the show’s Superman, Deadline reports.
Hoechlin is coming off his most recent role in the Richard Linklater-directed comedy film “Everybody Wants Some!!” but he’s best known for his work in Teen Wolf and 7th Heaven.
“Greg [Berlanti] and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character.”
Hoechlin’s Superman will join a chorus of DC comic heroes in TV series, including The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Supergirl recently moved from CBS to the CW for its second season, which is slated to debut in October.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror