Fans of the DC comic hero TV series Supergirl finally have an answer to the big question the show has been ducking thus far, with Tyler Hoechlin cast opposite Melissa Benoist as the show’s Superman, Deadline reports.
Hoechlin is coming off his most recent role in the Richard Linklater-directed comedy film “Everybody Wants Some!!” but he’s best known for his work in Teen Wolf and 7th Heaven.
“Greg [Berlanti] and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character.”
Hoechlin’s Superman will join a chorus of DC comic heroes in TV series, including The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Supergirl recently moved from CBS to the CW for its second season, which is slated to debut in October.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com