Oprah has spoken.
The talk show host told Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday that she is supporting Hillary Clinton for president. “Regardless of your politics, it’s a seminal moment for women,” Winfrey said. “What this says is, there is no ceiling, that ceiling just went boom! It says anything is possible when you can be leader of the free world.”
“I really believe it’s going to happen,” Oprah added. “It’s about time that we make that decision.”
Winfrey was a high-profile backer of then-Sen. Barack Obama in his 2007-2008 primary run, first voicing her support for him in 2006 and appearing on the campaign trail with him as he faced then-Sen. Clinton in late 2007. Oprah was viewed as a key help in raising Obama’s popularity among black voters.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up