When moviegoers head to see Pixar’s Finding Dory this weekend, they’ll get an extra treat: an animated short, Piper, will run before the movie.
A recently released teaser gives us a peek into the six-minute short, in which a tiny, adorable sandpiper ventures out of her nest for the first time. It turns out keeping up with the bigger birds and finding food on the beach can be a challenge.
In just 25 seconds, the preview manages to show off the extent of Pixar’s animation prowess: from the definition in the birds’ feathers to hyper-real bubbles in the sand, the little film is photorealistic perfection.
Director Alan Barillaro told USA Today that it’s a story about overcoming fear. “This is a tale of how to grow up in a world that seems so large and intimidating with the courage to get past those fears.”
With a character this cute, it’s hard not to root for Piper.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time