Kanye West is still treating his latest studio album, The Life of Pablo like a “living, breathing, changing, creative expression” with the release of a new track that he added to the LP on both Apple Music and Tidal on Tuesday night. The song is titled “Saint Pablo,” sharing the same name as the upcoming tour he also announced on Tuesday.
In “Saint Pablo,” Yeezy focuses on the controversies that surrounded the release of The Life of Pablo — his Twitter sprees, his sole Tidal debut, and his $53 million debt — while continuing to believe in his vision, fully aware of the public’s perception of him. A choice excerpt of the song’s lyrics underscores West’s self-actualized view of himself.
“The media said ‘He’s way’ out of control/ I just feel like I’m the only one not pretending/ I’m not out of control, I’m just not in their control/ I know I’m the most influential/ That Time cover was just confirmation/ This generation’s closest thing to Einstein/ Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.”
The song features guest vocals from Sampha and was previewed at a private party in L.A. in late February.
Listen to the new track below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement