Oprah Winfrey is publishing her first cookbook, Food, Health and Happiness: ‘On Point’ Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life.
The book will come out on Jan. 3, 2017, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday. It will be the first for her new imprint under Flatiron Books, a division of MacMillan.
When the new imprint was announced last year, Winfrey’s first book was slated to be a memoir called The Life You Want, but publication on that title has been delayed. While that is expected to become the definitive Oprah memoir, blending stories from her life with advice to the reader, she has previously written several books, including Journey to Beloved, about her role in the 1998 film, and What I Know for Sure, a collection of her columns for O, The Oprah Magazine.
Though Oprah hasn’t delved into the cookbook field before, her choices about food can be influential: Her investment in Weight Watchers and subsequent announcements of how the program is working for her have caused sharp spikes in the company’s stock price (though it has since fallen to half the level of its peak post-Oprah bump).
If her January Weight Watchers promo is any indication, readers of Food, Health and Happiness can expect plenty of recipes for bread.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time