At 66 years old, Sissy Spacek has become the face of Marc Jacobs fall/winter ’16 collection — sporting pink locks, no less.
In the David Sims-lensed and Katie Grand-styled campaign release on the brand’s social media accounts on Tuesday, the Oscar award-winning actress appears in profile, her richly-hued hair blending in with the colorful fur collar of her coat.
Spacek joins an impressive coterie of strong female icons, whom Jacobs has summoned to be the faces of his brand in the past year — including pop doyenne Cher, actress Debi Mazar and singer Bette Midler. Jacobs’ decision to cast relatively older women in his campaigns is a bold move in an industry that has long been critiqued for its ageist tendencies.
Jacobs noted in an Instagram caption that he was “all-consumed and mesmerized by her ability to bring a character to life in such a way that, for me, was very profound.”
“The life she brings to all the characters she has portrayed as an artist is ever expanding, evolving and inspiring,” Jacobs wrote.
See a first look at the campaign below.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk