Man’s best friend doesn’t miss a moment. A fleet of a dozen comfort dogs from the Lutheran Church Charities in Chicago has traveled to Florida to comfort those affected by the shootings at Pulse nightclub in Orlando that killed 50 and injured at least 53 early Sunday morning.
The dogs have been present for survivors following other national tragedies, such as the Sandy Hook Shooting and Boston Marathon Bombing, ABC News reports. The organization, founded in 2008, has been operating out of Trinity Lutheran Church in Downtown Orlando since the dogs arrived Monday.
People can donate to fund the dogs’ travel expense fund online.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time