A retailer that fills bulk orders of ammunition told customers Monday night that it was “working hard” to ship orders on a “wild day” after the shooting at an Orlando gay nightclub that left 49 victims dead.
“As you can probably imagine, it’s been a wild day or so in the ammo world but our boys in the warehouse are working hard and shipping fast,” the company, BulkAmmo.com, said in an email to its newsletter subscribers. “Check out the three featured specials highlighted here and check out a ton of in-stock bulk ammo buys on our site. Thanks for looking and thank you for your support.”
The company did not respond to requests for comment, but firearms suppliers have often reported surges in demand after previous mass shootings. Gun sellers say there are usually two motivators for this: Fear of another attack, and fear of tighter gun regulations. On Monday, stock prices for companies like Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co. saw spikes, though they had mostly returned to previous levels as of Tuesday.
See the email below:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time