James Corden recruited the Red Hot Chili Peppers to backseat-drive him through Los Angeles for the latest rendition of Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show Monday night.
Squished into the black Range Rover, Corden and the four band members — Anthony Kiedis, Michael Balzary aka Flea, Josh Klinghoffer and Chad Smith — belt out some of their most famous hits including “By the Way,” “Can’t Stop,” and “Californication.” After Corden and Flea team up for a totally spontaneous interlude of “Food Glorious Food” from Oliver the Musical, Kiedis and Flea re-enact a song they wrote together at age 15 “while smoking large quantities of weed,” they admit.
Corden then pulls over to wrestle Kiedis on a random suburban lawn, before they all get topless to sing “The Zephyr Song.”
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk