Lil Wayne is “in stable condition and good spirits” after suffering two “minor” seizures Monday afternoon, according to his reps.
“Under the guidance of his own doctors, he is now in stable condition and good spirits,” they said in a statement to EW. “He thanks his fans for their everlasting support, prayers and well wishes.”
TMZ reported that the rapper suffered a seizure, and his jet made an emergency landing in Omaha, Nebraska, where Wayne refused medical treatment. The plane departed only to make another emergency landing after a second seizure, at which point Wayne was hospitalized, according to TMZ.
The Omaha Airport Authority confirmed to EW that a jet traveling from Milwaukee, where Wayne had a concert Sunday, to Van Nuys, California, made an emergency landing at Eppley Airfield at 2:48 p.m. local time. A passenger refused medical treatment. The jet refueled and departed, but made another emergency landing at 3:55 p.m., at which point the passenger was taken to a local hospital.
The 33-year-old rapper previously suffered a seizure in 2013 while on the set of a Nicki Minaj video. And in October 2012, Wayne made two emergency landings due to health issues, including a seizure. After the 2013 incident, Wayne said he has epilepsy and has “had a bunch of seizures; y’all just never hear about them.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating