The NBA honored the 49 victims of the Orlando mass shooting Monday, by observing a moment of silence at San Francisco’s Oracle Arena before Game 5 of the NBA Finals.
The brief but somber tribute ahead of the game between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers was led by one of the bereaved city’s own, former Orlando Magic star Grant Hill.
“On behalf of the entire NBA family,” Hill said before asking the crowd to remember those who had lost their lives. “We send our thoughts and prayers to the families impacted by the horrific tragedy in Orlando yesterday.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow