The saying goes that the clothes make the man, but what if the man can’t find clothes that fit? Bindle & Keep, a custom suiting company in Brooklyn, New York, exists to solve that problem for gender nonconforming people who come to them to get, perhaps for the first time in their lives, clothing specially tailored to their bodies. In Suited, a documentary produced by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner that premieres on HBO on June 20, Bindle & Keep’s Rae Tutera and Daniel Friedman allow viewers into their Brooklyn studio as they fit customers for new suits, many of them for special junctures in their lives: a wedding, a Bar Mitzvah, an upcoming job interview.
To read more about Suited, Tutera and Friedman, click here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time