Get ready to party like it’s 1999 because Prince will be receiving an honorary doctorate from the University of Minnesota.
In a post on their website, the school voted to award the Doctor of Humane Letters degree to the late singer and Minneapolis native (who did not attend college during his lifetime), in order to honor the musician’s “transcendent talent as a singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, but also to highlight his remarkable contributions off stage: fostering musical talent, and supporting the local music industry, as well as his influence in the realms of gender identity, fashion and socio-political activism.”
Prince’s surviving family members will receive the award later this year. Let’s pour one out for his purpleness and go crazy.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism