This baby fox got stuck in a fenced-in back yard at a house in North London for over six hours — and it ran out of escape routes. The only option? A Sisyphean struggle with a slippery slide. In the video below, watch its valiant attempts at making its way up the children’s slide. We feel you, adorable vulpine creature.
Onlookers report that the tiny woodland animal attempted to climb the slide over and over for many hours, but never managed to get far. But don’t worry—the fox was picked up by the UK’s National Fox Welfare Society, which took it away for a medical checkup and says that it will be released back into its habitat.
Never give up on Monday.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List