In a sneak peek from Spike’s Lip Sync Battle, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom takes on the stage antics of a 2010 Katy Perry with a rousing rendition of “Teenage Dream.” The clip shows Bloom in full marching band gear, going all in on the anthemic pop song with a team of matching backup dancers. Comedic highlights include her over-the-top commitment to mediocre dance moves and painted-on acne.
Bloom, who took home a Golden Globe for her role in the musical sitcom, is no stranger to performing with unselfconscious abandon. The full episode of the show, hosted by LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen, pits Bloom against actor Michael Shannon and airs on Thursday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State