In a sneak peek from Spike’s Lip Sync Battle, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom takes on the stage antics of a 2010 Katy Perry with a rousing rendition of “Teenage Dream.” The clip shows Bloom in full marching band gear, going all in on the anthemic pop song with a team of matching backup dancers. Comedic highlights include her over-the-top commitment to mediocre dance moves and painted-on acne.
Bloom, who took home a Golden Globe for her role in the musical sitcom, is no stranger to performing with unselfconscious abandon. The full episode of the show, hosted by LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen, pits Bloom against actor Michael Shannon and airs on Thursday.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve