In a sneak peek from Spike’s Lip Sync Battle, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom takes on the stage antics of a 2010 Katy Perry with a rousing rendition of “Teenage Dream.” The clip shows Bloom in full marching band gear, going all in on the anthemic pop song with a team of matching backup dancers. Comedic highlights include her over-the-top commitment to mediocre dance moves and painted-on acne.
Bloom, who took home a Golden Globe for her role in the musical sitcom, is no stranger to performing with unselfconscious abandon. The full episode of the show, hosted by LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen, pits Bloom against actor Michael Shannon and airs on Thursday.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time