Starbucks seems determined to outdo itself with ever more outrageous frappuccino concoctions. Its latest? The Double Double Fudge Bar Frappuccino, which the coffee chain bills as “a stop-you-in-your-tracks avalanche of fudgy goodness.” In reality, the ice-blended drink is basically a chocolate milkshake with some coffee, with a double helping of mocha sauce — topped with chocolate whipped cream. This isn’t so much a caffeine hit as a guaranteed sugar rush.
Starbucks says the drink will run chocoholics about 460 calories a pop and will be available for a limited time as an official menu item. (Of course, it should be easy enough to order off-menu given the simple enough ingredients.) It’s getting good reviews from those who’ve tried it so far, too.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.