Starbucks seems determined to outdo itself with ever more outrageous frappuccino concoctions. Its latest? The Double Double Fudge Bar Frappuccino, which the coffee chain bills as “a stop-you-in-your-tracks avalanche of fudgy goodness.” In reality, the ice-blended drink is basically a chocolate milkshake with some coffee, with a double helping of mocha sauce — topped with chocolate whipped cream. This isn’t so much a caffeine hit as a guaranteed sugar rush.
Starbucks says the drink will run chocoholics about 460 calories a pop and will be available for a limited time as an official menu item. (Of course, it should be easy enough to order off-menu given the simple enough ingredients.) It’s getting good reviews from those who’ve tried it so far, too.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction