Starbucks seems determined to outdo itself with ever more outrageous frappuccino concoctions. Its latest? The Double Double Fudge Bar Frappuccino, which the coffee chain bills as “a stop-you-in-your-tracks avalanche of fudgy goodness.” In reality, the ice-blended drink is basically a chocolate milkshake with some coffee, with a double helping of mocha sauce — topped with chocolate whipped cream. This isn’t so much a caffeine hit as a guaranteed sugar rush.
Starbucks says the drink will run chocoholics about 460 calories a pop and will be available for a limited time as an official menu item. (Of course, it should be easy enough to order off-menu given the simple enough ingredients.) It’s getting good reviews from those who’ve tried it so far, too.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body