As America wakes up the day after the massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando, the front pages of newspapers are marking what has become the country’s deadliest mass shooting.
The Orlando Sentinel ran a full-page editorial on its A1, headlined “OUR COMMUNITY WILL HEAL.” In bold black type, The Tampa Bay Times focused on where Sunday’s tragedy fits into the U.S.’ grim recent history of mass shootings. The New York Daily News highlighted the weapon that the gunman, identified by law enforcement as Omar Mateen, legally bought before the massacre.
Orlando made front pages around the world as well: from El País in Spain and The Times in the U.K., to Corriere Della Sera in Italy and The Jerusalem Post in Israel.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time