President Barack Obama on Sunday called the shootings at an Orlando nightclub “an act of terror and an act of hate,” after a gunman stormed Pulse Orlando, killing at least 50 people and injuring 53 others. Obama noted that the mass shooting in Orlando is the worst in American history and said the attack was a “reminder” of how easy it is for anyone to get their hands on a powerful weapon.
Here are his full remarks from the White House.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve