President Barack Obama on Sunday called the shootings at an Orlando nightclub “an act of terror and an act of hate,” after a gunman stormed Pulse Orlando, killing at least 50 people and injuring 53 others. Obama noted that the mass shooting in Orlando is the worst in American history and said the attack was a “reminder” of how easy it is for anyone to get their hands on a powerful weapon.
Here are his full remarks from the White House.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate