Obama was set to speak beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET, the White House said, in just the latest time in his presidency when he has spoken in the aftermath of a mass shooting.
Fifty people were killed and 53 were injured when the shooter, identified as Omar Mateen, opened fire at the crowded Pulse Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning. Authorities were investigating his motive and working to identify the victims on Sunday afternoon.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State