Singer Christina Grimmie—who was fatally shot after a Florida performance on Friday—got her start as a YouTube star, but she became most famous as a contestant on The Voice in 2014.
In her audition for the show, Grimmie sang a rendition of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball,” earning the attention of each of the show’s celebrity coaches. She came in third place, after choosing to work with coach Adam Levine.
Celebrities and YouTube stars paid tribute to the 22-year-old on social media on Saturday. YouTube also posted a collection of some of her most popular videos, praising Grimmie for captivating fans with “her soulful covers and infectious personality.”
Watch Grimmie’s audition for The Voice above.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022