According to E! News, during a speech honoring the theme’s composer, John Williams, at the American Film Institute Life Achievement gala, Ford had plenty of jokes about his situations he’s found himself in where people play the song — from awards shows to on the street.
“That damn music follows me everywhere. They play it every time I walk on stage, every time I walk off a stage. It was playing in the operating room when I went in for my colonoscopy,” the 73-year-old actor said. “I was walking down a crowded street in New York a couple of months ago and there was a big fire truck stuck in traffic that I passed in the opposite direction,” he continued. “Some guy leaned out of the cab and gave me one of those [Ford makes a groaning noise]. By the time I got to the end of the truck that music was blaring out of the loud speakers in the truck!”
Ford ended his speech with a salutation to Williams, who has won five Oscars from 50 nominations for works including Jaws, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.
“To play a character graced by John’s music, of course, is a real gift,” Ford said. “Music is the spice, it’s the salt and pepper in every film recipe that brings the whole thing together.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time