A New York City bicyclist learned his lesson Thursday after he tried to ride a bicycle in front of President Barack Obama’s motorcade.
Video posted by Instagram user mattpeco shows a man on a Citibike bicycle attempting to ride through an intersection that police had blocked off, when a cop grabs him and forces him to the ground.
Another cop in a helmet roughly secures the man—identified as Daniel Provencio, 59, by the New York Daily News—to the ground until a Secret Service agent walks over.
President Obama’s motorcade rolls past shortly after, to applause.
Police say Provencio was issued a summons for disorderly conduct, according to the Daily News.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief