Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her official 90th birthday this weekend and in case the festivities planned weren’t celebration enough, Twitter has created a custom emoji to commemorate Her Majesty’s milestone birthday.
The emoji is jeweled purple crown that includes her age on the detailing; Twitter users who want to share birthday wishes with Britain’s longest-serving monarch can use the hashtags #Queenat90 or #happybirthdayyourmajesty to trigger the regal emoji.
Twitter UK MD Dara Nasr noted on the company’s blog that the platform was excited to let users join the conversation surrounding the Queen’s celebrations.
“With the Monarch celebrating such a milestone birthday, we wanted to enable Twitter users to mark the occasion in a truly special way on the platform,” Nasr said. “The crown emoji represents The Queen’s lifelong commitment and reflects people’s love and admiration for her on this special birthday. We can’t wait for users to share their messages and join the conversation on Twitter during the celebrations this weekend.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time