Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her official 90th birthday this weekend and in case the festivities planned weren’t celebration enough, Twitter has created a custom emoji to commemorate Her Majesty’s milestone birthday.
The emoji is jeweled purple crown that includes her age on the detailing; Twitter users who want to share birthday wishes with Britain’s longest-serving monarch can use the hashtags #Queenat90 or #happybirthdayyourmajesty to trigger the regal emoji.
Twitter UK MD Dara Nasr noted on the company’s blog that the platform was excited to let users join the conversation surrounding the Queen’s celebrations.
“With the Monarch celebrating such a milestone birthday, we wanted to enable Twitter users to mark the occasion in a truly special way on the platform,” Nasr said. “The crown emoji represents The Queen’s lifelong commitment and reflects people’s love and admiration for her on this special birthday. We can’t wait for users to share their messages and join the conversation on Twitter during the celebrations this weekend.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer