With the UEFA European Championships about to begin, Google has scored with soccer fans by putting up a celebratory Doodle.
France, which is hosting Europe’s four-yearly international soccer event, will play Romania in the opener on Friday night. Twenty-four teams including favorites Germany, reigning champions Spain, will compete for the Henri Delaunay Trophy over a full month of matches held in stadiums around France.
The animated Doodle depicts a Parisian cityscape with an anthropomorphic, smiling Eiffel Tower playing keepie-uppie. The ball is in the French tricoleur, and the flags of all the teams competing in the tournament are displayed in the background.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve