Jack Means, 57, probably knows what it feels like to regret a drunk dial.
Police arrested the Florida man for calling police when there was no emergency — he was merely upset that his girlfriend would not buy him vodka. When deputies arrived at his home after he reported neighbors arguing, Means admitted that the call was just a prank, NBC-2 reports.
On the Monday night call, Means told the dispatcher “It’s not what I’d call a true emergency, but it’s the same bull***t.”
He was soon arrested on a misdemeanor for misusing 911.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time