Hillary Clinton proved once again that she can hang with the hip young things, when she succinctly responded to Donald Trump‘s tweet about Obama’s endorsement of her with one of Twitter’s most beloved memes.
Trump’s tweet read, “Obama just endorsed Crooked Hillary. He wants four more years of Obama—but nobody else does!.” Clinton’s account responded by quoting Trump’s tweet and adding the caption, “Delete your account,” a phrase made popular in the Twitterverse to call out people who are offering unsolicited hot takes, being irrelevant, or just plain being rude.
This is a textbook usage of “Delete your account,” though it was not appreciated by the GOP, who used the tweet as an opportunity to bring up Clinton’s email controversy.
However, the Internet more than compensated with affirmative recognition of Clinton’s correct use of the meme — in gif form.
Hillary’s response to Trump has just become her most retweeted Tweet ever.
Your move, Trump.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This