Hillary Clinton proved once again that she can hang with the hip young things, when she succinctly responded to Donald Trump‘s tweet about Obama’s endorsement of her with one of Twitter’s most beloved memes.
Trump’s tweet read, “Obama just endorsed Crooked Hillary. He wants four more years of Obama—but nobody else does!.” Clinton’s account responded by quoting Trump’s tweet and adding the caption, “Delete your account,” a phrase made popular in the Twitterverse to call out people who are offering unsolicited hot takes, being irrelevant, or just plain being rude.
This is a textbook usage of “Delete your account,” though it was not appreciated by the GOP, who used the tweet as an opportunity to bring up Clinton’s email controversy.
However, the Internet more than compensated with affirmative recognition of Clinton’s correct use of the meme — in gif form.
Hillary’s response to Trump has just become her most retweeted Tweet ever.
Your move, Trump.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.