Hillary Clinton proved once again that she can hang with the hip young things, when she succinctly responded to Donald Trump‘s tweet about Obama’s endorsement of her with one of Twitter’s most beloved memes.
Trump’s tweet read, “Obama just endorsed Crooked Hillary. He wants four more years of Obama—but nobody else does!.” Clinton’s account responded by quoting Trump’s tweet and adding the caption, “Delete your account,” a phrase made popular in the Twitterverse to call out people who are offering unsolicited hot takes, being irrelevant, or just plain being rude.
This is a textbook usage of “Delete your account,” though it was not appreciated by the GOP, who used the tweet as an opportunity to bring up Clinton’s email controversy.
However, the Internet more than compensated with affirmative recognition of Clinton’s correct use of the meme — in gif form.
Hillary’s response to Trump has just become her most retweeted Tweet ever.
Your move, Trump.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was