Remember back in 2012 when Barack Obama made an appearance on a special Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to “slow jam the news?” On Thursday’s episode of The Tonight Show, viewers once again had the opportunity to see the President deliver a soulful breakdown of the week’s major events.
In a segment that was recorded Wednesday during Obama’s first trip to Studio 6B, the Commander in Chief delivered his second musically enhanced broadcast with the help of Fallon and house band The Roots.
But while his first “slow jam”—which was performed in front of an audience at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill — focused on student loans, this one saw Obama reflecting on his past eight years in office while Fallon purred some Barry White-style accompaniment.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement