James Corden looked back on his first year of hosting The Late Late Show during his appearance on The Late Show Wednesday night, and remembered Carpool Karaoke that made him most nervous: his first ride with Mariah Carey.
“I’m a huge fan of hers,” Corden said. “All that would play in our house would be Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. So my childhood was basically either watching Grease, or walking around singing like, ‘You’ve got me feeling emotions…'”
As Meyers pointed out, Corden is good at singing but “not Adele.” So Corden said he overcame his nerves by just enjoying the car ride. Watch the entire clip above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms