James Corden looked back on his first year of hosting The Late Late Show during his appearance on The Late Show Wednesday night, and remembered Carpool Karaoke that made him most nervous: his first ride with Mariah Carey.
“I’m a huge fan of hers,” Corden said. “All that would play in our house would be Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. So my childhood was basically either watching Grease, or walking around singing like, ‘You’ve got me feeling emotions…'”
As Meyers pointed out, Corden is good at singing but “not Adele.” So Corden said he overcame his nerves by just enjoying the car ride. Watch the entire clip above.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022